We’re really excited both about our programme for 2015 and the opportunity this Fellowship will provide for the right person. The PAF Fellowship scheme aims to support individuals through the early stages of their performing arts career, helping them to establish themselves in the professional world through bespoke placements within existing organisations. Do follow the link above to find out more about the scheme!Here at Eastern Angles we are interested in hearing from potential fellows whose passions and interests match are own (around arts and heritage, around a sense of place, around a passion for East Anglia and an enthusiasm for new writing). So whilst your primary focus might be as a director, you might also have specific additional experience as writer, a designer, digital artist/writer, musician or education practitioner etc.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to get their hands dirty on a huge range of work including
– Oysters – a new play for our spring 2015 community tour in partnership with The Pioneer Sailing Trust.
– Planned new play workshops / research and development periods.
– Once Upon A Lifetime – our reminiscence project
– The Peterborough Mystery Play – exploration of community mystery plays with Peterborough Cathedral.
– a Christmas Show with Shanty Theatre.
– Being involved in research and development for two major projects, The Ipswich Mysteries and 8th in the East, both funded by Heritage Lottery and involving community performance.
The fellowship will be based in Ipswich, but with regular visits to Peterborough and touring venues. The position is offered subject to a successful funding bid to the BBC.
But hurry the deadline for applications is 5pm on the 4th August
Please help us get the word out and share with anyone who you think might be interested…and be in touch if you’ve got any questions….